On the footsteps of a genius.
A stroll through the city to visit some of its most famous sites with the eyes of Michelangelo: San Lorenzo district, where the Medici welcomed him to their palace; Piazza del Duomo, where he worked on his colossal statue; Piazza della Signoria, where his masterpiece – not without difficulties – was placed.
It will be like putting together the pieces of a puzzle, following the rise of Michelangelo step by step, from apprentice to undisputed genius.
A must is the visit to the Academy Gallery, where the David is displayed.
The tour can be extended with the visit to the Santa Croce basilica, where the great artist is buried.
3 hours (with entrance to the Academy Gallery)
4 hours (with entrance to the Academy Gallery and Santa Croce Basilica)
At your hotel, if located in the historical centre. If not, we will arrange a centrally located meeting point.
€ 150,00 3 hours
€ 200,00 4 hours
Academy Gallery : € 16,50 p.p. (including reservation fee)
Santa Croce Basilica: € 8,00 p.p.
In advance by PayPal or cash directly to the guide at the end of the tour.
– Dress code at churches: to visit any church in Florence, visitors are required to be properly dressed, i.e. with covered shoulders and legs (down to knees).
– Academy Gallery: to avoid long waits in line, we will take care of reserving the museum entrance. Although this significantly reduces the waiting time, in the high season we might have to queue for a while. Tuesday is the busiest day of the week as the museum is closed Monday, accordingly we recommend to choose an afternoon tour on that day, with entrance to the gallery after 4 pm.
– Reduced fees for under 18 years old: children/young people under 18 are free to all state museums (like the Academy Gallery) and some local museums, but they still have to pay the reservation fee (€ 4,00; children under 6 are totally free). To take advantage of the reduction, an identity card/passport must be shown to prove the age.
– These are the reductions at the Santa Croce Basilica: children under 11 are free; children between 11 and 17 pay € 6,00; there is a family ticket according to which parents pay for the full price ticket while children under 18 are free.
– Headsets hire: we recommend headsets hire to groups over 6 people, so that they can enjoy the tour without irritating noise.